Evolution has been called “the central organizing principle of modern biology”. Here is your chance to find out why. Welcome to Evolutionary Theory!!
1) Comparative Dissection Labs due on Monday, 5/13.
2) "Becoming Human" Activity Report due on Monday, 5/20.
3) Presentations will begin with seniors on Friday, 5/17.
4) Please bring $14 for the aquarium trip by Tuesday, 5/14.
5) RESEARCH PROJECTS: The timeline for the rest of our semester is as follows.
May 6th - Final literature cited due. (15 points)
Week of May 13th - In-class presentations begin.
May 23rd - Final report due.
Unit Review Sheets:
Chapter Review Questions:
Evolutionary Theory Quizlets: http://quizlet.com/class/523973/
PBS Documentary "What Darwin Never Knew": http://www.pbs.org/wgbh/nova/evolution/darwin-never-knew.html
NOVA Evolution Site: http://www.pbs.org/wgbh/nova/evolution/
Understanding Evolution (UC Berkeley): http://evolution.berkeley.edu/evolibrary/home.php
Talk Origins (Excellent archive and FAQs): http://www.talkorigins.org/
The Loom (Carl Zimmer's Blog): http://phenomena.nationalgeographic.com/blog/the-loom/
National Center for Science Education (Especially good for current legal info): http://ncse.com/
Science NOW (Quick access to news stories from Science Journal): http://news.sciencemag.org/sciencenow/