Work in groups of 2. Select a country, and research the current conditions/activities that are occurring. Used the websites below to help. Answer the questions below, and post them on the blog. Make PPT or iMovie.
Somalia - Not Just the pirates.
• BBC News
Use the sites above to research and learn about the current and ongoing conflicts. Use the information, to answer the following questions in complete sentences.
1. Who are the major players/organizations/religions/countries, etc involved in the conflict?
2. What are the origins of the conflict?
3. What is the core of the problem? Military, Cultural, Political, Economic?
4. Who is primarily to blame?
5. What, if any, is the best solution? Are there any alternative solutions? Have there been any major changes to the region/country as a result?
6. Do you forsee the conflict resolving within the next month, year, ever? Justify your answer.
7. How should the United States respond, specifically in an election year? How does the conflict affect US relationship with the country?
8. Be sure to include current/recent events.